ALL event times and venues are subject to change due to final approval by the Knysna Municipality and Events Committee. Performing artists and times are subject to change.
Top 10 things to do in Greater Knyna
- Cruise the estuary on a ferry, inflatable boat, yacht or kayak. Make sure you experience Knysna RIB Adventures!
- Explore the indigenous forests by foot, mountain bike, non-motorised scooter or jeep. Pledge Square Nature Reserve is a must!
- Enjoy the rush of adventure activities including whale watching, surfing, paragliding and bungee jumping. We recommend Ocean Odyssey!
- Indulge in local food and craft beer at numerous restaurants and markets. 34 Degrees, Tapas and Oysters, Sirocco, Drydock, Ile de Pain, Nautical South (Brenton-on-Sea) and Mitchell’s Brewery just to mention a few.
- Play golf on three world-class courses. We highly recommend Pezula Golf Course.
- Participate in exciting annual festivals and events. Pink Loerie obviously!
- Get up close to elephants and other animals at numerous wildlife sanctuaries. Knysna Elephant Park, Monkeyland, Birds of Eden and Jukani
- Soak up the sun on a pristine beach in Sedgefield, Buffalo Bay or Brenton
- Learn about the rich culture and history of the area on a guided walk or tour
- Book a community tourism experience for a home-stay or township tour
Pink Loerie Foundation Social Responsibility Drive
KAWS (Knysna Animal Welfare) / Loeriehof Retirement Home / Vermont Retirement Village / Paula Whitney Crèche / Knysna Basin Project